After a long time of looking around for mould making materials I decided I'd get copies of my Gemsbok done professionally. Although it is expensive, it saved me a lot of bother and I'm immensely pleased with the castings:
So far I have two, but there will be more arriving over the next couple of weeks.
The horns had to have a separate mould, so I need to glue those on.




Looks like it was done very professionally,when I was 17 my dad and i tried our hand at the lost wax method he sculptured a beautiful chameleon and we melted down the bronze,however we did something wrong and the whole thing was lost,the only thing we successfully made were some belt buckles.
ReplyDeleteThanks Roger, yes they did a really good job with the castings - I was too nervous to make a mould myself! Shame you lost the chameleon, sounded amazing, did you take any photos of it before it was ruined?
ReplyDelete