Saturday, 25 August 2012

A Cat, a Bear and an Eland

I've recently started my own business selling pet sculptures, this was one of my first commissions:
A cat (first time sculpting a cat!) in 1:7 scale

 The client supplied me with many good photos but here is the pose I based the sculpture on below

A regular customer of mine ordered a Male Sloth bear to go with the female and cub I'd already made for him:
Sloth bear family 1:22 scale



Finally, not one of my sculptures but an old Lineol figurine I won on eBay, it's from around the first world war times, I'm not sure of the exact years it was made.  These figurines were made from a kind of clay with wire inside, the horns are metal.  I think it's incredible how well they've lasted, this one is practically perfect just a few paint chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment