A few weeks ago my Grandad who lives in the south of England, rescued a Mallard duckling. He brought it home and raised it inside the house, until she grew too big and messy for him to look after, so she needed a new home. Of course, she came to live with my ducks;o)
Here are a few pictures of her:
My drake has fallen in love with her and follows her around everywhere - at first the Mallard was scared of him, but she really wanted to be with them all. She's fine now and the other ducks have accepted her.
The drake was looking so handsome I had to take a couple of him ;o) he's looking at the Mallard in these photos:








This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteDucks are always amazing.. Although I think it might be another drake..still with the joung feathers... the head looks preatty dark for a female...please keep us updated!
ReplyDeleteBest wishes
Matteo
Hello Matteo, yes they are amazing birds I could watch them for hours.
ReplyDeleteShe is quite dark I agree but she's a duck as she quacks;o) she looks similar to this mallard duck's colouring http://www.english-country-garden.com/birds/mallard-duck.htm