Friday, 16 September 2011

Other Artists part 2

Another artist I discovered yesterday.  At first I couldn't find much about her, then I came across a site with some good information, she turned out to be quite famous.  She was born in 1891 Graz, Austria - from 1901 to 1910 she studied under Alfred Schrotter at the school of arts in Graz.  She was an animal and portrait miniature painter as well as a graphic designer.  She studied in different places from 1911 to 1916 then she returned to her home land where she worked mainly as an animal painter: among Carl Fahringer and Heinrich Ludwig Jengickel she is one of the most important Austrian animal painters.
She received several awards for her artistry and was even pronounced the greatest animal painter of her time.
She was famous for her colouful linocuts and gobelin designs.
Here are a few of her works:







I couldn't find a higher resolution photo of this one, I think they're Zebra finches. 
 Really beautiful works aren't they?

No comments:

Post a Comment