Some information about the artist, which I've taken from various sites:
Peder Mork Monsted (Peter Mark Monsted) was born in 1859 in Balle near Ganaa, eastern Denmark. He was a Danish realist painter, his landscapes were renowned for the clarity of light common to the artists of that day and age.
He moved to Copenhagen where he studied at the Academy between 1875 to 1876, under Andries Fritz, a landscape and portrait artist. Morsted was taught figure painting by Julius Exner.
He had a romantic, poetic view of nature and was an artist who depicted the grandeur and monumental aspect of the landscape, with a remarkable eye for detail and colour.
As far as I know, he painted in Oils.
As far as I know, he painted in Oils.
Seems like he liked painting rivers! I love his water though, it's incredible. If you didn't know better you'd think some of his paintings were real photographs.
I love the swallows, darting across the surface of the water in this one (above)












No comments:
Post a Comment