Thursday, 15 September 2011

Other Artists

One of the things I take great pleasure in is finding new artists - either modern or old.  There are certain styles that I love, which you might identify in the following paintings I've gathered.  But I do admire many different styles. 

I'll start with Bruno Liljefors, you can read about him here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruno_Liljefors he's a Swedish artists.  I'd never heard of him before, we recently bought a CD and the cover illustration intrigued me - leading me to hunt for it on the internet.  Finally I found it along with lots of other paintings which I immediately fell in love with.
Here are a few of he's outstanding works:
This one above was the painting on the CD cover - done in Oils I think.  I like this one especially because it reminds me of my Black East Indie ducks.





This last one is gorgeous, the foxes look so soft.  It's not photographic or impressionistic, it's half way in between!  A really unusual artist. 

2 comments:

  1. Aren't they just?! I'm blown away by the last painting of the two foxes, stunning.

    ReplyDelete